Thursday, January 7, 2010

Glee

Almost forgot to post something today. It was a good day. I took my antidepressant which is good. I registered for my classes, also good. I taught my little girl's ballet class, which was awesome. And now I'm watching Glee. Everyone keeps telling me that it's the best thing ever. And so far ... the music is good, but that's about it. The story lines are not really all there, like there's something that's just not clicking. The characters are transparent and kinda boring. I mean, the only one that seems to have any personality is the jock with a hidden passion for singing. The teacher has a personality in there, but it never gets to come out because someone shuts him down before he can say two bloody words. They keep telling me Rachel is a goddess and that I will love her, but honestly, I kinda want to shoot her. In her stupid nose. She's a bitch!

And yet all the same I'm still watching. Because the music is awesome. But I think it's more because otherwise I feel like I'm some sort of traitor to my group.

And I just realized that my dog snores. And I'm wondering if that's what wakes me up at all hours of the night when I can't figure out what it is.

It's possible.

Just to show you how truly geeky I am, I'm going to reveal something about myself. I do forum based RPGs. Nothing with dice or anything. It's all about the story and character development and the people I'm working with are great. I've been on this site for years, and every once in a while it dies, but it always comes back. And then it dies again. For a year at a time sometimes. But it always comes back. I've been working with two of the other members there. Well one is the site's creator and the other is just another guy who's been there nearly as long as she and I have. We are some of the few on the site who can, a) really write, and b) do so consistently, and c) treat everyone else on the site with any sort of respect. It's awesome and we just finished a really great dialogue session. And I'm feeling really good about my writing skills tonight.

However I have to go back to work tomorrow, so hopefully I'll still be awake enough to post something up tomorrow night. I'm wondering if consistency is the key to getting readers.

No comments: